Tuesday 18 June 2013

Flowers in Photoshop

I haven't been drawing for... well, let's just say, a very long time,... as I was busy with university and exams. Now that those are over I'm happy to try something new!

This is rather a simple drawing I did just for a practice. You may find a video tutorial here by loveofcode. Even though it's not shown how to create the leaves, that is actually very easy! I just followed similar steps as shown in the video when creating the flower petals.

When applying Transform -> Warp I tried to create the elongated rather than round shape... Then I colorized the leaves (Blending Options -> Color Overlay), applied a texture (Blending Options -> Pattern Overlay) and increased saturation (Image -> Adjustments -> Hue/Saturation). There is still a lot that could be done, but maybe that will be my next project... ^-^


(Click on the picture to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment